In all honestly, I can't believe I've lived in the Bay for 6 years and had never made the trek for a $5 pastry. I had heard about it, dreamt about it, but never actually committed to the hyped-up bakery. It only took a foggy morning and a random longing to be in Paris for me to finally commit. Luckily, the rest of SF didn't share in my craving for caffeine and carbs because the line was tiiiiinyyyyy!
This part was rather easy and mostly based on my senses and a few Foursquare suggestions (duh). Also, my friend and I had decided before hand that there was going to be no holding back; we'd deal with the consequences later. Twenty-five dollars down, here's what we got...
1 Iced Coffee (it was really strong, none of that Starbucks -ish)
1 Latte (served in bowl — obvi)
1 Large Bread Pudding (suggested by social media)
1 Chocolate Croissant (classic)
1 Coconut Macaroon (only one because I hate coconut)
1 Buttermilk Scone (because it looked good)
Epic. Overwhelming. Orgasmic. Ideal. Should I go on?
I'm not exaggerating. I truly think this was one of the best "foodie" experiences I have ever had. For starters, I usually talk sh^t about bread pudding. But, whatever was in this recipe was unreal and extremely addictive — rehab worthy. Croissants aren't my thing either. I only eat them because French women do and they're skinny. Yet this particular croissant was the best thing I've ever had. It was flakey, buttery, sweet, gooey, and perfectly crispy. It was truly a gift from God. The scone was the real deal too. It tasted exactly like the scones I have in Ireland and those are hard to beat.
I'm almost embarrassed that I'm taking the time to write a post about a such a simple Saturday morning, but Tartine Bakery is truly worth the hype. If you haven't yet been or are planning to come to SF, do your tastebuds a favor and enjoy this Mission moment.
I imagine true love to be like this...
1. I'm a grazer. I'd choose snacks over a feast any day.
2. I support any combination that involves chocolate, peanut butter, and bananas.
3. I've never seen Star Wars. The force isn't with me.
4. My go-to drink is a glass of wine (preferably red).
5. I rarely sleep past 7am.
6. I think self-tanner is a necessity.
7. I almost always paint my nails with OPI's Mod About You.
8. I will find any excuse to celebrate.
9. I don't believe in camping.
10. Two things I can't live without? Lipstick and hair ties.
11. I sometimes go to Whole Foods to relax (my sister does the same thing).
12. I signed the lease on my apartment because it was close to Barneys NY.
13. I look forward to my morning cup of coffee.
14. I truly believe in lucky pennies.
15. I go to church every Sunday. It keeps me sane.