1. Austin is an amazing city. Day 1 was crazy hot, but crazy beautiful.
2. After the rain, dress appropriately. Day 2 was chilly and muddy— layers are ideal.
3. Musicians are awesome. It was great getting a chance to meet and photograph some of them like Melanie Martinez. Her nails rocked!
4. Don’t wear white shoes. My white tennies were one of many casualties in Zilker Park this weekend.
5. Festival vendors are filled with good finds. My favorite was Ornamental Things, a locally owned jewelry boutique that uses recycled vintage materials.
6. The Craft Beer Hall was perfect for watching Sunday football.
7. Festival kids are the coolest. A few mini festival-goers got their hair done at Austin Kiddie Limits before checking out Fitz and the Tantrums.
8. Yup, even guys got into their festival wear.
9. Always say yes to fancy nails, yes to glitter nails, and yes to Texas nails. Nails Y’all is a local nail service with some of the coolest designs around.