Heading into this year I didn't plan on making any resolutions; I'm a little bit of a pessimist about them. But, after some thought, I've decided it might be a good thing. Better late than never right?
1. Drink more coffee because I love it and it makes me happy. But, instead of chugging it, I'm going to take the time to actually enjoy it.
2. I want to get better at staying in touch with my friends and family both near and far. Although I'm always thinking of them and keeping up through social media, I want to make it a point to call, text, and write more often.
3. Read more paper and less screens. Instead of spending my spare time online (#guilty), I want to pick up a book, magazine, or newspaper and simply be inspired.
4. Print more photos. Remember when all photos had to be developed? Yeah me too. I'm going to make that happen again.
5. Use my headphones less. Although music is a good thing, I probably have my headphones on a little too much (whether it be working or walking ). I'm going to try to be better at taking in the sounds and silence around me. There's a lot to be learned from it.
6. Head to the beach more. It's my happy place and only 10 minutes away. Enough said.