What better way to fuel up before a social hour with 5,000 people than with a pie...a pumpkin protest pie.
I'm not a big pie lover but I have wanting to try to make my own for a sometime (aka: actually wanting to contribute something edible to Thanksgiving Dinner...) When I found a recipe in this cookbook, I made it BUT added chocolate! It was delicious, my testers didn't even know it was vegan!
Here's how the night panned out...
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Take your pre-made/store bought pie crust (also vegan) and cover the bottom with dark chocolate chips. Set aside.
2. Combine all ingredient's in a food processor until very smooth.
-15 ounces lite silken tofu -1 16oz can solid-pack pumpkin -2/3 honey -1 teaspoon vanilla -1 teaspoon ground cinnamon -1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice -1/2 teaspoon ground ginger -1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Pour into pie crust.
3. Recipe suggests to bake for 1 hour (but I found this time will vary.)
4. Chill for 2 hours and eat...vanilla ice cream is optional :)
5. Prepare for protest (or social hour) with friends and beanies to face the cold.
6. Live life, see what all the hype is about.